Monday, September 18, 2006

More Surprises!!

So this really amazing thing happened Friday night. Someone forwarded me an add from Craigslist. I didn't recognize the email but the ad was for parts for a 1959 RANCHERO!! I immediately called the person who placed the ad because there was a few things I needed. I scheduled an appointment the next day. Was in SF Saturday night and stayed up too late but was totally excited to wake up and go get my parts. The gent selling the parts was a very gracious car enthusiast/mechanic for pre-72 cars. He had purchased the Ranchero to find too much of it was rusted out for a restoration. I totally lucked out in many regards with extra items he threw in just to get them out of his garage but also because another buyer didn't show to buy all the steering / power steering parts! I loaded what would fit in my car and made a second trip tonight. Once again I am amazed by this wonderful car community.

No comments: